Lancia Automobiles S.p.A. was founded November 29, 1906 in Turin by Vincenzo Lancia and his friend Claudio Fogolin. It is an Italian automobile manufacturer who became part of the Fiat Group in 1969.
The Lancia logo was simple like other car logos. It was originally designed by Count Carlo Biscaretti di Ruffia. The logo shows a lance and shield with flag that symbolizes honor and strength of its cars throughout the years. Although it is the simple, logo competes with other known car logos in the world.
The company was known for its ability of producing distinctive cars and strong rally heritage. It was credited for its automobile innovations that land its name in the list of motor industries. Among of these cars produced include the 1913 Theta, the first car to present a complete electrical system as standard equipment. The monocone body type car in its Lambda featured ‘Sliding Pillar’ with independent from suspension that incorporated the spring and hydraulic into a single unit. It was also the first company to produce V4 engines aside from its V6, V8 and V12 production that all became successful. Finally, it pioneered the use of independent suspension in production cars and developed transmissions on its Aurelia and Flaminia car models.
Some modern Lancia is seen as presenting a more luxurious alternative to the models in the Fiat range produced on its headquarters in Turin, Italy.
Read more about Lancia car company logo